The next Ganeaa Exhibition is Always Was, Always Will Be Bpangerang Country
This exhibition is a celebration of the Bpangerang heritage in the local area and connection to the land.
Place: Bainz Gallery at Wangaratta Library
Dates: April 26th to May 30th
Opening: Wednesday 26th April 2017 at 6pm
All GANEAA members are invited to exhibit, play or perform up to 2 pieces for the opening.
Entry form due 10 April 2017
Entry Form HERE
Attached documents for Inspiration
- About Bangerang People
- Bpangerang words for animals, places etc.
- Time Line History Of The Struggle For Recognition
Other Suggestions for Inspiration
- Bpangerang Dreamtime stories book is available at the Wangaratta Tourist Information Centre;
- The Warby Ranges (traditionally Pangerang Ranges) is a very significant & sacred site from births (at Waterfalls) to burials & would be a wonderful muse for Photographers & Painters in particular, as would the Ovens River.
- Bangerang Cultural Centre in Shepparton.
- The Bullawah Trail Exhibition http://culturewangaratta.com/bullawah-cultural-trail/;
- There are also 3 animated videos of Dreamtime Stories & here are the links.