GANEAA is a sponsor of Beechworth Spring Arts exhibition and therefore has a reduced entry fee of $10 for this exhibition.
Enrich your visit to The Wangaratta Festival of Jazz and Blues on November 3-5 by visiting all the venues on this art map too.
All entry forms must be returned by July 14th 2017.
The ephemeral installation of a Giant Rainbow Serpent (below) was created by GANEAA artist David Godkin & embellished by the children & adults of the Wangaratta community around the Elders Rock at Apex Park in May.
All who witnessed will agree it was a beautiful piece of community art!
Don’t miss the next GANEAA members exhibition, being held at the Wangaratta Visitor Information Centre gallery space this June.
Marisa Quigley, Racheal Butler & children from Wangaratta’s Chisholm Street School recently composed and performed their song ‘Bullawah Trail’ at The Elders Rock for GANEAA’s official opening of the Giant Rainbow Serpent Ground Drawing.
The students worked with Marisa & Racheal to write this wonderful song based on the Dreamtime Stories from Uncle Freddie Dowling’s book Granpa Milawa Stories. It’s a ripper & we hope they record it!
Eco dyeing is extracting colours from natural materials.
In this GANEAA member only workshop with Maggie Hollins you will collect wind fallen leaves, learn the basics of eco dyeing and create eco printed paper that can be incorporated into your art works. The venue will be at the beautiful Winton Wetlands. During the afternoon The Friends of Winton Wetlands will give a brief talk on the wetlands.
The next Ganeaa Exhibition is Always Was, Always Will Be Bpangerang Country
This exhibition is a celebration of the Bpangerang heritage in the local area and connection to the land.
Place: Bainz Gallery at Wangaratta Library
Dates: April 26th to May 30th
Opening: Wednesday 26th April 2017 at 6pm
All GANEAA members are invited to exhibit, play or perform up to 2 pieces for the opening.
Entry form due 10 April 2017
Entry Form HERE
Attached documents for Inspiration
- About Bangerang People
- Bpangerang words for animals, places etc.
- Time Line History Of The Struggle For Recognition
Other Suggestions for Inspiration
- Bpangerang Dreamtime stories book is available at the Wangaratta Tourist Information Centre;
- The Warby Ranges (traditionally Pangerang Ranges) is a very significant & sacred site from births (at Waterfalls) to burials & would be a wonderful muse for Photographers & Painters in particular, as would the Ovens River.
- Bangerang Cultural Centre in Shepparton.
- The Bullawah Trail Exhibition http://culturewangaratta.com/bullawah-cultural-trail/;
- There are also 3 animated videos of Dreamtime Stories & here are the links.
Dear members, please check your email mailbox for the GANEAA November minutes. Follow this link to Join GANEAA
If you are an ARTIST, COMMUNITY WORKER or HEALTH PRACTITIONER come along and find out more about arts and health projects and the growing body of research in the field.