Established in 1999, the Goulburn and North East Arts Alliance Inc. (GANEAA) is a regional arts group whose mission is to:
- foster the arts in the community
- increase the value and practice in the arts
- enhance the cultural development of our region
- increase communication across arts bodies in the region
- educate the community in the arts
- allow artists the opportunity to access training and seminars
- provide opportunity for marketing and promotion of events and individuals
GANEAA convenes biennial Across the Arts Forums when artists of national and international stature conduct workshops in music, drama, dance, photography, visual arts, writing, multimedia and graphic design. GANEAA also holds regional exhibitions and provides a quarterly newsletter providing information and dialogue for the regional arts community.
GANEAA is an organisation of volunteers. A paid co-ordinator is employed for the Across the Arts Forum, every two years.
Memberships fees provide a small amount of funding and the organisation is supported by the work of volunteers. Grants are sought for Across the Arts, with some former sponsors including the Myer Foundation, the Australia Council for the Arts and Creative Victoria (now Arts Victoria). Other significant contributions towards the financial success come from workshop participant registration fees, Goulburn Ovens Institute of TAFE (in-kind financial support), GANEAA (in-kind financial support) and volunteers (in-kind support).